Friday, November 28, 2008

Teeny Tiny World

Tiny porcelain vessels pulled off the hump


The Thanksgiving day celebrations went on through the night here. At 10 P.M. I had had enough and put myself promptly to bed. I just couldn't take any more eating, drinking or cheer with family. The upside to getting to bed at 10 is that by five in the morning I was bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to take on some clay. Having been inspired by a web link to some teeny tiny raku vessels (thank you Sarah) I was seated at my wheel working some tiny vessels of my own.

Two hours into the adventure I determined that teeny tiny vessel throwing was easier than it looked, but I was determined to make it work. I am dying to see pieces like this china painted with fairies and bugs and tiny flowers and little mice with dresses on them. Every step of production though is a nail biting experience, but four finishes out of six tries isn't so bad for a start and I have to honestly say that I feel like I'm on the brink of discovering something big.

No comments: