Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wax & Deadlines

Waiting for finish


After I finished blogging my thoughts yesterday I decided to pull out almost everything I had started sculpture wise, but neglected to finish. When piled together, the lot is fairly large. I believe some mice are missing, which doesn't surprise me. They like to scamper about the studio and they multiply quite fast in wax.

One by one I am determined to finish them and I will start with the easiest sculpture to mold. Molding is a real issue in the studio. In thinking of the new year that is quickly approaching I feel a very good goal coming on and that is to become more proficient in mold making. I will do this. The four legged horse Ophelia will be cast in porcelain. I promise, as will little Leela with her twists and turns and out stretched leg. I will do this.

Pulling these unfinished pieces out so soon after visiting The Met has sparked renewed interest in all the pieces. I want to see them finished. I want to feel them in clay and paint them up in pretty colors. That desire is pushing me to finish. I love when that happens. No matter what the outcome the spark is there and that is half of the battle.

Get my good side dear


Of course, all this spark must be contained for a day or two just until I finish my Just About Horse deadline. There has been so much happening here both studio wise and family wise I only had time to finish one side of the project horse. LOL This time around we are helping artists explore painting the dappled grey. It should be running in the Jan/Feb 09 issue. I took a TON of photos and there are new techniques I'm using and I will be discussing them this time around in the magazine.

More beautiful leaves to share


Lastly, the pear tree in the neighboring yard has finally let go of its leaves and I couldn't resist sharing two more beautiful finds with you. I love how the colors are shining like lightening through the black of the first leaf. Almost as soon as I took these shots both leaves turned brown and lost their brilliance forever.

No comments: