Saturday, November 15, 2008

Support & The Egg

Tons of inspiration in this
room at The Met


Saturday chores are being pushed on the side so I can come close to finishing the egg. I totally took off from any work last night to just hang with hubby. Both he and I have been so busy with work that it was nice to just sit and enjoy our company together.

In speaking of him I think I need to clarify something. My husband is always super supportive and he was the one who actually set up this donation for me with this group that I have been trying to break my artwork to for over a year now. I know his comment was made out of concern for me and all the work I have been putting into this porcelain piece. I know he doesn't want to see me disappointed in the end and he felt I should have chosen a different theme because it would have appealed to a wider audience. I guess in the back of my mind (way, way back there) I know that is probably true and it makes me upset but there should be no question, this IS the perfect audience for such a theme. Or rather, it should be.

Of course, I am just running on inspirations which have been way out there since my visit to The Met last week. My brain isn't working properly its just sorta following the whims of my heart. Before you can get to "The Horse Fair" at The Met you do pass several awe inspiring religious themed pieces. All rendered so perfectly. I guess in passing them a few got stuck inside my brain cause when I pulled this blank egg out there was no other theme that seemed to be perfect for it. Well, we'll see how it's received next Thursday. I'll be there to watch it all unfold too.

Have a great weekend everyone! See you Monday.

No comments: