Thursday, November 6, 2008

Now THAT is nice!

Sake set


Now THAT is a beautifully glazed set! Ms. Steph, who is visiting me all the way from the mid west, brought me a gorgeous sake set and I woke this morning and took a few moments before my son woke up to really, really admire it.

A part of it has been raku fired and I am in awe of how gorgeous raku is in person. I have been dying to try raku firing. My favorite part though is the blue glaze and the pooling that has occured on the inside on each of the perfectly shaped cups. I'm inspired and feeling defeated at the same time. To hold such a perfect set in my hands really makes me want to try even harder to make even better pieces.

The piece is definitely setting the tone of what I want to view at the Met when we go there today. I want to view as much ceramics as my brain will allow me!

So, off to wake my guests. By the time we have a bit of breakfast and get going the rush hour here in NYC should be over with and travel into Manhattan should be more comfy for my guests.

No comments: