Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Half the Week....GONE!

Basket of award medallions


Wow! Half the week is almost over already and I've hardly blogged!

My main focus this week has been my son. We have come to a crossroads and have felt that he is ready for school. He talks about going all the time now and after meeting with the principal of the school I want to send him to, have decided it will be most beneficial for him to be social and involved. He is so excited about starting on Monday. I'm not as excited. Even though I'll have studio time again during the day my heart sinks. He is really growing and I never thought this stage would be here so quickly. It's here. I need to keep tears to a minimum on Monday....and today...and for the rest of the week.

Ornament from my Secret Santa.
I LOVE this ornament...the drawing,
the color and that touch-o-bling...perfect!


Work will keep the sappiness from invading me totally. Seventy award medallions for the Midwinter's Night Ball have been keeping me on my toes. It took about six firings in my little kiln Starbuck to get the job done. More and more I'm coming to realize that I truly need a new kiln. I need to breach this subject in 2009.

Best steal of the holiday. $2 at the local Rite Aid


The house will also keep me focused. The Christmas tree comes down today and I get to hold and admire my favorite ornaments one more time until next year. Normally I leave the tree up long after the celebration of the Epiphany, but this year I want everything Christmas out of my life. Except for a few new ornaments I acquired this holiday, the actual holiday was awful. I want to forget it.

I'll be back tomorrow with photos of all the sculpts I'll be focusing on next week. For the rest of this week I'm being held captive by a JAH deadline.....hopefully this will keep sappy thoughts at bay too.

No comments: