Friday, January 2, 2009

Shoes & Clothes

What Santa brought


Most women I know are shoe and clothing hounds. At our own Christmas celebration there were at least two pairs of new boots circulating. Squeals were heard when the boots were lifted from the boxes. I was unimpressed. My oohs and aahhs came when my sister-in-law handed me a heavy shipping box. Ooooh...I could feel the weight of the glaze jars inside. Ahhh....I couldn't wait to make my test samples and try out my favorite glazes on vessels from this shipping order from Georgies.

For this woman nothing makes me drool as heavily as color. Rich, vibrant and varying color neatly contained in little jars. Everyone knows me in my family by now. I ask for the most odd gifts when we exchange. This year it was 37 jars of glaze samples from Georgies. I have only six stoneware sample chips ready for glaze. I should have made more and should have been prepared for today. My fingers are itchy to use the new glazes. So, today I spent some time making a slew of sample chips. Glaze, here I come!

No comments: