Tuesday, April 28, 2009

After The Wake

Our tree blooming beautifully


Weddings and funerals are regular events in a large Italian family. You think that there would be no inspiration to be found at this point in such events, but oddly enough being at the wake, seeing family again, and saying goodbye to Uncle Johnny gave me new found energy and many inspirations. I hit the studio on full speed this week and want to share with you some of the things that are transpiring.

Firstly, I've been trying to bisque fire and glaze many, many vessels I just never got around to finishing. I figured if I do a little at a time I'll have a nice table full again come next Christmas. Lord knows it will take until Christmas to fire all that I've created already. Only problem is, I think my kiln is a bit ticked off that I'm making her work so hard. Just look at this mess!

My kiln is angry


My LORD that is NOT what I had envisioned!!! Not sure what to do with these pieces, but the larger one will get experimented upon. I hope to learn some new things cause it is truly killing me that I ruined a great shaped vessel in stoneware, non the less.

Horses are on the brain too. Not only did I open up my commission books today for another sm sized slot but I got the bug back to start my Proud Arabian Mare. She has only been waiting for me for about a year now. I'm trying to hone in on a pretty color for her. How I love this mold. It's so feminine and graceful.

Gals getting their primer on


Of course, the Working Girl resin was totally tempting and a "must nab" for me. I was dying to paint her and sorta hope whom ever wins the commission slot tonight might have one of these gals to paint. She's pretty hot!

Getting her coat


PS...Pumpkin the pony had to be put on the side. I'm just tired of looking at her. Tired of trying to see what exactly is wrong and tired of trying to rush her. :/

No comments: