Friday, June 5, 2009

Pride

China painted Chaney drafter


I have always taken pride in the fact that my eyes were sharp and that I could read print on boxes from across the room. I could paint and sculpt on a grain of sand it seemed and I took pride in telling all that I sculpted my little Opus resin with the tip of a pin. As of late though, it seems as if I am struggling to paint stablemate sized eyes. I keep blinking and there is a wee bit of blur, I must admit.

Now, anyone who knows me knows I LOVE eye glasses. If you have a sharp pair of specs on I'm asking to see them and modeling them. Even copper shades look good on me. I just have the face for glasses and since I am the only one in my entire family that doesn't have eye ware I have always felt like the odd ball and I have always looked forward to the day when I could add one more accessory to my person. Every trip past the eye glass stand at the pharmacy finds me trying on a few pairs and this last time things actually got sharper when I put a pair on.

Opus resins



So, with this new found information I am heading out to the optometrist this coming Tuesday to have my eyes properly checked. Perhaps it's fatigue? Perhaps it's something so slight and I shouldn't worry. All I can say is that if I do need glasses I am ready for it and ready to finish off this Chaney properly. This shot above is the only one that came out well. Apparently I was seeing the front of him well, but lost sight of his eyes and his hooves, of all things! So, no sale on this guy yet.

No comments: