Sunday, November 4, 2012

In The Studio

The new addition purchased for the studio.

For close to a week now I've been dealing with a lack of shelves in my studio/office. Without shelves my books had to be stacked in my hallway and the hallway has been a mess all week. Although my idea to stack dresser drawers and repurpose them into new shelves was a good idea, my father, upon seeing my creation, felt differently and took parts of my old broken shelves and made nice sturdy new ones for me. Of course, this prompted me to ditch my makeshift computer desk which was basically a slab of wood propped on some crates that had gotten weak from supporting the weight of a leaning shelving unit.

Out with the old!

....but the new has to go too!
Nothing about it felt right in this spot
as a computer desk.

Out with the old and in with the new....or lets just say in with a new old thing which I fell in love with the moment I saw it at the art and antique store. I don't know the year it was made or anything other than I fell for it hook line and sinker. I bought it, squeezed it in my car, put it in the spot where the old slab was and immediately hated it.

I spent most of the night figuring out what the heck I was going to do with yet another desk, but it couldnt stay in place of the slab desk. The slab had to come back!

Im afraid it has to stay.
Its just very comfy.

New spot in the office
works out well for the new addition.

Drawer space sealed the deal on the sale.

So, in the end what I determined was that the very last wall space in my office would be dedicated to housing this new desk. The moment I placed it in the new spot it was as if it had always been there. It was perfect and of course the perfect idea to use the desk as just a calligraphy/writing/drawing desk made perfect sense. Writing, drawing and doing calligraphy will be so much more convenient and fun in the new space.


No comments: