Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cool Morning Hot Kiln

Lids fresh from the kiln


Brr!
The morning brought a chill into the house. Days like this make us want to stay indoors and cuddle up in front of the TV with a good movie on like Monsters, Inc. or Nemo while homemade chicken soup simmers on the stove. Chicken soup is definitely on the menu today as are some type of yummy tasting and smelling cookies. So comforting.

The kiln will also be on today. I haven't decided which items will go in to cook. Perhaps I'll finish the horsehair porcelain pieces. Or maybe I can get my tea pot to the bisque state. The tea cups that went along with the pot both cracked which put a damper on that project. I do need to finish it though as I am donating it to support our annual church fall outing. It will be the first time I will be presenting my pottery work in person to the public. I'm rather nervous and excited about this new adventure.

Little ones around a bracelet


So, with much enthusiasm and energy I head on off into the soothing morning sun to grocery shop. A necessary evil of a household. Afterwards, I'll make my soup and then settle into my thoughts on which items get to visit the kiln.
Perhaps I'll just finish adding some critters to the porcelain bracelet I forgot I had in my storage closet. Wearable critters! I love the idea!

Enjoy the fall sun!

No comments: