Friday, September 26, 2008

Rain, rain...YEAH!

Button Boxes now for sale
$18 each ppd (in USA)


All have SOLD!
Thank you so much!!!


I served pancakes and waffles today cause it's raining and we are celebrating. Ok, well, I am the only one happy about the rain. LOL My husband and son both gave a collective sigh when they heard the rain come down a bit harder while we were all snuggling in a group hug this morning. Rain...hubby...my son and the rain beating on the pavement cleaning the city free of its grime. A perfect start to a morning! After 18 years of getting to know me my husband has come to just accept the fact that rain makes me giddy and happy.

Hopefully the rain won't distract me too much today. Between the housework I put off all week and the many projects I am involved in my head is in overdrive this morning. Overdrive is not necessarily good cause the gears sometimes get all gunked up and confused. I've had to write down everything I need to accomplish today on paper. It's the only way I can keep things in order and running smoothly. If given the chance I WILL just stare out the window and into the rain for the whole day.

One major "to do" is the sale of my little Halloween mice boxes today. I really like the way they turned out and I am selling them this morning. (First come, first serve) If you like any you can email me at studiodanza@optonline.net. Please be sure you visit the Danza Ceramics News Group if you need more information and please join in order to hear about future offerings. My personal favorite out of this batch is the little ghost mouse. He looks sorta sad and mushy about trick or treating. For some reason that is striking a chord with me.

Another major to do, besides get the dust bunnies under control here in the living room, is make more headway on the new teapot I am making for my church's fall outing. I threw the bowl portion, the spout and the lid. The bowl trimmed up perfectly yesterday, but the lid left me frustrated. No matter how I trimmed the rims I couldn't get the lid to sit perfectly on the top of the bowl. That is an important aspect to a teapot. Can't have tea spilling out from a lid that shimmies. This is how I solved the problem:

Pretty, but not functional.


So I cut off the handle.


Turned it upside down...


...and WALLA! It now sits perfectly!


It has a Japanese feel now. I can't help but see a fish tail coming out from the very center of the lid. I suspect I'm going to run fully with the water/fish theme. Such a theme would certainly make the tea cups much more interesting in the end. This has been the most challenging project for me to date. I haven't even gotten to the glaze stage which is the most difficult stage for me.

Well, those dust bunnies never disappear on their own, so I'm off (with another fresh cup of coffee in hand) to disrupt their little party. I'll leave you with a little Garbage. It's the song that has been in my head all morning. :)

No comments: