Monday, February 6, 2012

I Must Confess...

How the heck did
THIS happen? No clue!


I must confess...

I'm really terrible at taking care of my art supplies, especially my oil paints. You would think by now I'd learn my lesson, but nope, I continue to discard caps, puncture holes in tubes and let my supplies get destroyed. I guess I just get so caught up in creating that I don't see how Im ruining things. I do notice however when I go to use them the next day. Oof..I get agitated but at this stage I'm just learning to accept that this is par for the course of being creative for me personally. These are, without a doubt, the most offensive supplies in my arsenal. Some of these paints are so expensive....I don't even want to think about how fast they are drying in their tubes.

Even a nutcracker
won't help get this top off.


Please don't judge.


Offensive!


Its all cool though...random
heart squeezed out from one of the offensive tubes today.


Indian Silver in progress


Aside from the misuse of art supplies there is this issue with chestnuts going orange. Anyone reading this that has tried to pastel/paint a chestnut horse has gotten to this annoying stage and has probably though, "What now?" I felt this Indian Silver would lend itself well at this "offensive orange" stage to a wonderful online tutorial since he's being an absolute creep! (Yeah...they get testy on me too so if you are reading this thinking, "Wow, that Mini Haggis was awesome! She's great!" Please know that at this very moment as Im trying to figure out how to drop back this awful color and splotchiness Im thinking, "Man, I suck at this.")

So, in the next few blog posts I'll discuss how this color turns from orange to a proper chestnut color. Don't worry if you've painted a chestnut and gotten here. This color IS in the chestnut hair color just not so prominent. Steps coming which will show you how to tone it back.


Random desk shot.
From this angle all looks calm and under control


"The Ribbon V"
Graphite and Watercolor on archival bristol.


"As a person abandons worn-out clothes and acquires new ones, so when the body is worn out a new one is acquired by the Self, who lives within." ~Bhagavad Gita

No comments: