Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Merhorse...Take Two

Figuring out the base.

In the past two days the Merhorse has made substantial progress. I was just about to start laying pigments and dust on the piece when I remembered to take a final "primed" shot. I'm very excited to see it finished. The only thing I fear I may not be able to find close by is teeny tiny shells. I did have a few a long time ago but used them for other "sea creature" projects.

This is what transpired...

Adding spiraling waves.

Used some stones to prop the thin tail up.


Primed and ready for paint.

I had every intention of showing a fairly complete piece in this blog post, but I got badly sidetracked with some exciting news. I finally was able to secure a vendor spot at the Lark Mountain Marketplace in Wilkes Barre, PA along Route 309. I had been waiting and hoping to get in and it finally happened. Vendors rarely leave so I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to display my art and wares.

Future home for selling some of my art, wares and jewelry.
I'm vendor # 444.


1 comment:

gj berg said...

FTR, the official species name is hippocampus