Friday, March 9, 2012

Baking Diversions

"Bananas"
Graphite, Watercolor and Acrylics on paper


One of the best parts about having a child is you always have a partner who is ready, willing and able to bake with you if the urge strikes! Once and a while my son and I both get the bug to bake something and when bananas go bad in our house all bets are off...those suckers get smooched into muffins or bread. Can you guess who the smoosher is?

Of course, the little mice were there in my brain yesterday poking about and at one point they went completely "Ratatoullie" on me. I captured two images from my head as quickly as I could before real work drew me back in. I thought it would be fun to share this recipe. I've had it since I was a teenager and learned how to bake from my grandma. It's an easy recipe with very little ingredients and the spottier the banana, the sweeter the bread/muffin.

So all around, this turned out to be a delightful diversion.

Eberl draft foal in progress


"Bread"
Graphite, Watercolor and Acrylics on paper



Banana Bread (or Muffins)

3 Very Ripe Bananas
1/3 cup Veg oil
1/2 cup Brown Sugar (I've used regular sugar too)
1 1/2 cup Flour
1 /2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Mash bananas. Mix sugar and oil till smooth. Pour mushed bananas in the oil mixture and add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments: