Friday, March 30, 2012

Outdoor sketching

Emily and her peeps:
That looks very comfy, doesn't it?


I cut the grass for the first time this season. Surprisingly, it all went very smoothly. My reward was sitting quietly at the bistro with a cool drink by the chickens. Of course, this act prompted a desire to draw and I ran to the studio, grabbed a few things and started in on fleshing out my gals.

I had quite a lot of scrap watercolor paper left over from when I cut matts for the fortune cookie illustrations so I decided to use those to draw on. In the process I found that I love the way the watercolor takes to both the graphite and the watercolor paints. With very little effort I was obtaining the results I was slightly struggling with on the bristol board. I'm going to explore some mouse drawings on this watercolor paper tomorrow I think.

Outdoor sketching table


Outdoor sketching table with Oreo



Best Sketches from the Session:








No comments: