Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Step-by-Step (Illustration)

Penciling in the image


My little mouse couple have been gathering some interest and some lovely compliments. Thank you everyone! I've been on a creative roll with my mice that just won't seem to stop. I'm completely rolling with the inspirations as I believe such things lead you to new adventures.

I'm honestly not sure what I want to do with those two right now but trust that I am seriously thinking about "something". Right now Im focusing on how to tell the end of the story well. In the meantime, I received a fun commission for a "mouse family" illustration as birthday gift and during the illustration process started taking photos. I've documented the illustration process so far:


Taping the image area



First layers


More layers over the graphite






"Healing the Wound"
Graphite, Watercolor and Acrylics on paper

No comments: