Monday, July 2, 2012

My Garden

The wildflower bed in my garden


I enjoy gardening. My garden consists of beds of tomatoes, squash, a nice selection of herbs and, of course, wildflowers. I have dedicated one whole garden bed to nothing but wildflowers. They are beautiful and hardy and always look pretty in any type of vase or container. They are also great to draw and paint and Im always so inspired any time I pick a bouquet for myself.

Last night I put together a pretty handful of flowers in an old black teapot and inspiration hit me immediately. I had to paint a still life. The end result isn't exactly how I had hoped but it was a fun exercise and I documented the painting process.

My grandmother's old teapot
looks pretty with flowers


Pencil sketch on canvas board.


I use a variety of acrylic paints, I even use the craft paints.
They have some pretty colors.


Paint right over the pencil sketch.






"Still Life"
Acrylics on canvas board.


No comments: