Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Computer Day

Meows & Mini's donation
before another kiln firing


Today was a day set aside for catching up with emails, burning information onto disks and all that boring paperwork that comes along with running a small business. Paperwork piles up fast, as do the emails coming in. I'm making good progress in all areas. This busy work enables me to step back from the rattie project and really clear my head and anxious hands. I'm very excited about producing "Listen's" mold in plaster, but if I approach this molding process too fast I'll wind up creating more work for myself.

Right now I am unsure how to part this sculpture. The main issue seems to be with the ears. They have to be molded perfectly otherwise I'll get terrible results, especially in porcelain. Porcelain has zero tolerance for mistakes. Every area has to be molded perfectly so the porcelain slip slides in the mold easily, but most importantly comes OUT of the mold easily. More study of the rubber rattie is necessary. As I am working on boring things I am staring at the rubber version just planning my attack.

No comments: