Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting Away

We packed our bags and headed out to PA to see my folks on Saturday. It was a wonderful trip full of fun and lots of laughs. I had intended on visiting some high school friends for drinks, but found myself getting involved with family and before I knew it the weekend was over and we were back on the road heading back to Brooklyn.

I took my sketchbook, but only opened it to stick my cousin's business card inside. I haven't seen cousin Cathy in, gosh I'd say, over 15 years! We pulled up in front of the house just as she and my uncle were pulling up. It was a great surprise and a most welcome reunion.

Look out for that umm....orb?
Photo by Francesco


I didn't do one artistic thing all weekend. The only one getting artistic this past weekend was my son. He made some really fun Play Dough sculpts and had a ball with my camera, which I also had no interest in using.

I love to watch him walking about the house centering in on a subject. Many times my husband and I are the subject of his muse and we ham it up to make him laugh that silly laugh he has. If you have kids you know the laugh I'm talking about. It's the one that comes from the depths of their little souls and it automatically makes you feel happy. It's pure joy. It's pure positive energy that is beyond infectious.

Despite the laughter and hammin' it up he actually took a pretty good shot of us and I wanted to share it cause I'm proud. He got us in the frame and it's not a bad comp., but hmm....what the heck is above my head? Is that a dust orb or something else? Veeeery interesting. It's the only shot on the camera from the weekend with something "odd" in it. It sure makes the imagination go wild.

No comments: