Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Success!

In the umm, resin flesh


I am very happy to report that all went fairly well in the mold making process of my rat mold "Listen". I am now halfway to a ceramic finish.

Today I decided to pour a bit of resin in the silicone mold to see how it looked and to solve a huge problem with the tail. I am now very tempted to pour a few ratties in resin just to cold paint cause she looks so tempting.

Silicone rattie waiting for plaster


The problem with the tail is that I made the mold box around the original tail sculpt incorrectly. The silicone, when poured, just pooled around the small opening and plugged it up. I opened the mold and slathered some silicone on one half but the end result isn't so nice. It looks nice in the photo above but it really isn't. I'm not sure how this resin tail will fair being incased in plaster, but I have to try to solve this problem the best way I know how because my original work is now destroyed and I really want this particular tail to be on this piece.

No comments: