Monday, July 14, 2008

Ripples

"Blueberry Explosion"
Earthenware bowl and mug



Like a still pond being broken by a stone, my trip to the cabana and beach rippled throughout my weekend. Each day brought forth some ups and of course, some downs, and I rode all the waves as they arrived with a sense of glee.

Some gleeful moments this weekend were:

~ Dinner out and ALONE with hubby. (Mmm...filet mignon...rare with a fine cabernet).
~ Canon balls in the pool. (Hay, never let the kid in you slip away!)
~ Finding some earthenware throwing clay hidden in the studio.
~ Enjoying my son happily tell me all about his first sleep over.
~ The red cardinal perched on our willow tree.
~ Fried squash flowers fresh from my garden.
~ A good auction sale.
~ Finishing my deadline for JAH.
~ Sleeping in really, really late. (Gee, I haven't done that in about 3 years!)


Organic creamer in moss green and blue


And lastly, a very gleeful moment was getting a few vessels glazed and fired. I have been waiting far too long to see this little creamer finished. I used it this morning as I poured milk into my coffee and ooh, the coffee tasted really good.
The other pieces turned out pretty too, but that creamer was the one I really couldn't wait to see finished. It was the ugly pot I just couldn't squash when the side flopped. I added a stem handle with leaf and it changed the vessel somehow. It's now, oddly enough, my favorite piece I've thrown so far.

Small decorative mini vase


So now I pack up a few things for the post office, then I'll straighten up my studio and then I'm actually fairly free to do as I wish. All my lingering and old commissions are done and I'm excited to finish some sculpting projects that have been waiting for my return. Those include Leela, Ophelia, and the rattie sculpt. I sense these happy ripples extending throughout the week!

No comments: