Sunday, July 20, 2008

Heatwave

Pony cart ride at the b-day party


There's a heat wave going on here in NYC. Gotta stay cool and wet. That means this weekend has been filled with lots of water, drinks and a birthday party or two.

This weekend also found me sketching quite a bit. I guess you could say I'm warming up and getting ready for an illustration project that has been on my mind and is quickly letting me know it's time to come out. Thankfully, I've really been in the "mood" to doodle and it's been lots of fun keeping my nose in my book.

"Listen" in the beginning stages


I've also made strong steps towards finish on my rattie sculpt "Listen" last night. Was up till close to 3 a.m. just making adjustments. I have her hands left to sculpt and then I can begin the process of trying to figure out how to mold her. Eeek! I'll be honest, I'm rather nervous about this step. She will be the most complicated piece I've tried to mold so far. But, she is no where near as complicated as other sculptor's pieces so it is not impossible. I'll just make a silicone mold and keep trying till she comes out correctly.

But phew, I'll end it here. It's only 9 a.m. and it's hot already today! So, enjoy your Sunday! :)

No comments: