Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Going Well

Nearing finish


Middle of the week and I believe I am making fairly good progress on my "list" of things I wanted to accomplish.

Alborozo is looking just fine and although the reaction to his pre sale "sneak peek" went over like a lead balloon in the MH industry, I'm still feeling really good about him cause he really came out well, IMO. The pigments and acrylics mixed together seamlessly and the actual production just felt darned good. His hooves and face were my favorite parts to paint.

I'm making progress on all the things I need to mail out. The first line of business today was burning my information for the IPAT editor. Next are three large horses that, without fail, MUST leave my studio this week. They just MUST leave!!! I've had them far too long and at least one of the owners is a full time shower so it's not fair to keep her beauties from her and her adventures in the ring. I believe her Tennessee Walker may give some of the other Walkers a run for their money. His color also came out well IMO. His production felt darned good too.

The one special thing I did manage to experience with my son Francesco was watching The Wizard of Oz together. We had a blast watching that movie. We laughed and danced about the room. It was on VHS, which was a real pain now that we are accustomed to the clarity of DVDs, but it was still nice to rent it out from the library for free and just enjoy it.

The fairy wings were finished for JAH and what a chore they were! My original idea for this project, which would appear in the "Halloween' issue of JAH, was to turn a Stablemate into a winged fantasy horse. Of course, the inspiration came from all the dead Cicada bugs in our yard last year! Needless to say the editor, although amused by my creativity, put the kibosh on tearing wings off Cicadas. Aahh....too bad, cause they were dead anyway and their wings are totally and utterly beautiful. Sooo....when you can't have natural you go for the Fimo! LOL I can't divelge any more. You'll have to read it in the Sept/Oct issue.

Must find some zen before week's end


That was about all I accomplished this week. I still need to spend some time being silent and listening. I feel I need that most of all, but some good time alone with old cassette tapes may really be a hoot too. Of course, I know spending quiet time with hubby is probably the most important part of this week and since his birthday is Friday I have had a whole lot of time to think about something special. Not quiet 40, but far enough away from 35 to say he is nearing 40. Hmm...I think I need to call that baby sitter like, soon! LOL ;)

No comments: