Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Officially Finished

Rat sculpture in wax


It's official! The rat sculpture I've entitled "Listen" is now officially finished! I'm thrilled, yet nervous to begin the next stages. The mold box is easy. Pouring silicone over something I've worked very hard on is difficult. There is always that moment when the mind reminds you that if Part A and Part B of the silicone isn't mixed properly the stuff won't cure. I won't dwell on that fact because this is a happy occasion. One deserving of a celebratory drink. A round for all!

So, let me make it truly official. Today I introduce to you, "Listen". An original sculpture of a pet rat in wax. She measures approximately 5" from the tip of her nose to the very base of her tail. From the ground to her shoulders she measures 2 1/2" . I anticipate a very limited run of porcelain both painted and unpainted. Be sure to join my ceramic news group for more information as this piece nears the casting stage.

Another view of "Listen"



More of the original sculpture

No comments: