Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gourd

Gourd on the desk


Remember those gourds from October? They are even more fun to look at in April! I've left three sitting in my kitchen near my china cabinet cause I was even more curious to see what would transpire decay wise and this one gourd was perfect for a sketching frenzy this morning.

When I really started to look at this gourd I was overwhelmed by the bumps, colors and shapes this decaying gem had to offer. In the end my sketch didn't really come out the way I had hoped because I was fairly overwhelmed, but it was still a fun exercise.


Various steps in the drawing. Media used: Strathmore Water color paper, watercolors, and graphite.












My favorite part of this
rotting gourd


Finish. Not exactly
how I wanted it but a good exercise.

No comments: