Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bistro (Take 2)

Making progress on the bistro area.

I'm happy to say that my trip home from the Breyer event was uneventful. A smooth, uninterrupted ride home was actually very inspiring. In my head I began to organize and catalog all that needed to be accomplished this coming week in the studio. There is much to do but upon arriving home I realized my yard needed tending to. The grass was beyond overgrown and the bistro project I was so diligently working on (and left) greeted me with a groan.

Before any lawn work I'd have to move the boards, bricks, slate, pulled up grass and wheel barrel out of the way. At that moment I felt it best to just get the bistro project as close to completion as possible. I wasn't thrilled about it, but in the end I wound up further expanding artistic ideas in my head as I worked slate and brick into place. I have some brand new ideas I'm dying to try this week. You never know where inspiration will come from.

Oh no! The famous shovel head just chucked in the barrel?

No worries...it's back in it's spot. (My neighbor got worried when she didn't see it in it's proper place. LOL

....and I've added a little something to the sculpture.
LOL I couldn't resist.

"Switch"
Graphite and watercolor on watercolor paper

No comments: