Thursday, April 5, 2012

This Or That?

Illustrate this side?


Or illustrate THIS side?



Having many things to draw and explore creatively is sometimes worse than not having any ideas at all. With many items there are so many choices and way too many ideas flowing into the brain all at once. Sometimes an ambush of ideas come from the simplest thing, like a fortune cookie, and they don't let up no matter how many images you draw or how many orders of food you purchase.

I must admit that I do have a slight weakness for Chinese food, but recently I have found it almost difficult to resist ordering as I know my regular place will happily throw in one or two extra fortune cookies for me if I ask. They have no idea what I'm creating all they know is I really like those cookies. I could find a supplier online and buy in bulk, but there is something special, almost superstitious, about finishing the meal and picking out YOUR cookie. The drawing takes it a step further.

As a kid and young adult I used to save them if they were good. Till this day I don't know what happened to all of them or where they eventually wound up. Perhaps they are somewhere with my Schadler rule and all those ball point pens that are never handy when you need to write something. Hmm….I think I'm onto something here.

"Chicken"
Decoupage, Graphite, Watercolor
and Acrylics on archival bristol board


"The Big Cheese"
Decoupage, Graphite, Watercolor and Acrylics
on archival bristol board


Eberl draft foal
in bay roan


Rose "Little Lonestar" in
Palomino tobiano


Another shot of "Little Lonestar."

No comments: