Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Though....Costumes

Sushi is a carnival


First line of business today was costumes! Parties are coming and we needed to be prepared. With much trepdation we entered the "spooky cellar" of the local party shop. Such a walk is old hat to me. Laughable in it's attempts to even muster one ounce of fright in me, BUT to a little one of 3, it terrified. It was so real to him as were the fake fingers I bought for my Mrs. Lovett costume that we made our selections quickly. How, as adults, we forget and become immune over the years. I enjoyed his experience and almost wished I was having my own scary experience for the first time again.

Our hero


My husband met us for lunch and there is nothing finer than sushi with my two men. Raw for us and of course, cooked for our son. We have been frequenting a new place that I just love. It is such a happy, colorful place. I instantly feel good when I enter. Its like a carnival and the waiters and waitresses are so happy. It's infectious.

Ingredients for a Halloween meat pie


So besides mailing the very last of the Halloween mice button boxes nothing artistic was accomplished today. Still, I feel energized and ready to work tonight on finishing things and maybe even starting on my fake meat pie.

No comments: