Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oh A Customer!

Hot outta the oven


Did you come here for a pie?

Sit yourself down. Tis a bit wet out there today. Hasn't rained in weeks and today, the day of the Halloween party, it rains. I believe I'm the only one rejoicing. Not only do I love the rain. I think it's a PERFECT backdrop for my Mrs. Lovett costume. I'm fully prepared to carve pumpkins and whoop it up with family in costume. I'm bringin extra ale and my camera.

If you are wondering about how I made the pies, it was really very easy and fun. Here is the recipe if you want to try it yourself or with your children. It's safe and you can cut it in half if you don't need that much dough. I did and it worked out just fine.

Fake Bread Dough
4 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tsp. instant coffee (heaping)

Mix flour and salt together. Drop a heaping teaspoon of instant coffee in warm water and mix well (will give your dough color). Add the water/coffee mixture to the flour and beat/knead till dough forms. Bake in an oven at 300 degrees for approx. 3 hours. If you half the recipe it takes about 1 1/2 hours for the bread to cook. After the bread has cooled you can glaze more color on using watered down acrylics. FUN!


With that I am off. Enjoy your weekend. See you all on Monday. Hopefully with a ton of cool pictures from the party! ENJOY!

I'm callin' it the cobra leaf
Coolest one I've found so far.

No comments: