Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mother-In-Law

Hand painted plates from Italy


The very word brings chills to some spines, but for me the word is a loving word. My mother-in-law is an amazing, selfless and caring person. Always there with a helping hand and good advice. She is having her dining room repainted this week. It is a huge undertaking which caused some causualties when she had to empty out her china cabinet. I hate having to move anything out of my cabinet and she has even nicer and more valuable things in hers so I cringed when I heard the glass shelf fall.

Hand painted detail


In clearing out the cabinet she found a few things tucked away that she had forgotten about. Some items she forgot about were a few old hand painted plates that belonged to her mother. They immediately caught my eye on the kitchen table and I had to touch them and pick them up to admire the hand painting and the crazing. Even the chips fascinated me. When she saw me admiring them she offered them to me. She said that I was probably the only one that she knew that would appreciate them as much as her mother did. I am elated and I can't stop looking them.

I feel blessed beyond words and am so thankful to have such a wonderful mother-in-law. She has inspired me to pass along the elation. So today I'm going to give away a small horse hair tea light. It was featured in a post made earlier this year. If you'd like to try and win it just leave a comment here today about what you are thankful for today.

No comments: