Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'll Take That Bissell!

One of the big bad bridges
all our merchandise must cross
to get to our stores


I'm veering off into the domestics today cause, I'll be honest, I really would love to win this vacuum being given away by the SITS gals. I believe I have paid my dues to the vacuum god this past year and then some. It's time for a little payoff for Jenn. All I want is a vacuum THAT WORKS!

I have owned THREE vacuums in the past year and a half. Yes, you read that correctly THREE and let me tell ya, they have all SUCKED (and not in the good way a vacuum should be sucking!) In fact, they all lost suction immediately.

Now, before I go any further I want to bring the offensive little brats to the front of the room to endure proper online punishment. In the market for a vacuum? Don't even bother plunkin your money down on these:

1). The Dirt Devil.
2). The Eureka
3). A Hoover. This beauty being the most expensive vacuum I have bought. Retails on their site for $250 was about $70 more purchased in a local Brooklyn store cause well, it's fashionable to gouge us here since there are those big bad bridges the trucks have to cross to get the merchandise to the stores.

A factor that I must point out is that I barely have any rugs in my house. Aside from my son's room, the entire apartment is hand laid wooden floors with a few larger throw rugs. Bare floors should be a no brainer for a vacuum that is nearing the $300 mark. But no, they have all crapped out on the job.

Someone is most definitely saying, "Well, just box them back up and get a refund." I hear ya and I wish more than anything that I could do that, but once you throw away the box AND any portion of the innards (cause, I mean really, after the first month of relocating an annoying box about the apartment who really keeps the boxes?) the guarantee goes right out the window. The Hoover has taught me one thing and that is to keep all boxes and innards and now we have a closet minus clothes, but many boxes. I'm poised and ready for something to break. Just give me the chance to use these boxes! I know Mr. Murphy is having a good laugh.

What does this all mean and what is my next step other than embarrassingly asking my mother-in-law for the use of her 1980s Elextrolux? Which, I must mention is the best darned vacuum I have EVER used!!! Suctions a carpet like a giant leech on skin. I'm either gonna jump in and ante up the $600 for the Dyson cause I hear it suctions well WHEN it's in a good mood. Plunk down the $800 for the Orek cause Mr. Orek seems like a nice dude or win this Bissell. But in reality I'm probably going to have to just cuddle up with my trusty broom again. It always gets the job done. Is cost effective and hay, it's the greenest choice. :/

No comments: