Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Great Night

Raffle donation #17 full of goodies


It was a great night! The Golf/Fall Outing dinner was fun and full of many participants, many of which were women who were tempted by my luminaries and candle donation. I peeked inside bag #17 and found a plethora of raffle tickets. Of course, the Victoria's Secret raffle bag was overflowing, but hay, they have had more time brand imprinting than Danza Ceramics. LOL

It really was a successful night for my little ceramics studio. There were many positive comments and compliments about the luminaries. One comment that was reiterated throughout the night was, "I never knew you made such items." I was happy to hear the comment repeated because my whole goal was to get people within my community more aware of what I do. It was highly suggested by the Christmas Fair organizer that I participate in the Christmas Fair this year because apparently there is nothing like what I make at that fair and she felt my work would be gobbled up. I like the sound of that and am looking into the fair. Honestly, it sounded like she wanted a commitment last night which made me feel very good. If I can have enough ceramic pieces by early December I may just set up shop for a day at the Christmas fair. If anything, it would be an interesting experiment into seeing what people like and what they dislike in my ceramics. It may also be a crash course in lots of hurt feelings too.

I have to admit that the best part of the night was dancing with my son. He LOVES to dance and even though they had background music playing it wasn't a "dancing" kind of night. To a 3 1/2 year old though, if they hear music and if they see open space near a podium it's a dance party! And when your little boy askes, "Mommy, can you dance with me?" you forget that you are the ONLY adult moving your body on the floor of a non dance party and you just enjoy the moment with your little one cause the sense that such moments are fleeting are strong. At one point, I got a flash forward to his wedding day and what a tougher dance that might be for me.

The weekend is just starting. I have both my boys here for the entire weekend and it started fantastically last night. I got to sleep in late today and am having breakfast made for me by hubby. Mmm...did someone whisper the word diet out there? Yeah...forget that this weekend! So have a wonderful weekend out there everyone! I'll see ya on Monday!

No comments: