Monday, October 27, 2008

Scary Fun

Just a few of us


There is nothing like a good Halloween pumpkin carving party to bring family together and rejuvenate the artistic soul! The weekend was all about family and fun and we all had a ton of it. It's wild to see us all together. That is a typical turnout on a Sunday for dinner. Its hard to believe we all fit at the dinner table.

Doing makeup on my brother-in-law


I was, of course, the evil baker Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd and I thoroughly enjoyed getting into character. I had a blast placing my meat pies all about the party. Although I didn't win the best costume awardd (Aunt Mildred really did look much better in her costume than I did) we all agreed, if there were a "Best Prop" award, I would have won it for the pies.

Want a pie?


Pumpkins carved and lit ready for judging


For my pumpkin carving I chose to go the traditional route. See the one in front with the happy smile? That's mine. There was so much creative energy at this party, and many cool designs chosen, but I just didn't want to think about design so I went for the five minute cut out and sat there soaking in the energy. Of course the wine helped in this task! LOL

My little hero


All around, a fantastic weekend and Halloween isn't even here yet! There are two more parties to attend and with all this going on I feel that November will be here in a flash!

No comments: