Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What To Write?

Bisque Pixie getting china painted


When I woke this morning I was a bit out of sorts. Late nights this week and a bit of yard work preparing for the winter months made me groggy and uncertain as to what to talk about today. Some days the blog just writes itself, but this morning all I had was the fact that I was able to find the confidence to pick up my beloved Pixie bisque and add a bit more china paints to her last night. The use of lavender oil in my paints has proven very successful all around.

The rest of the morning found me running about to Bed Bath and Beyond for candles for the outing donation that needs to be finished and presented to the committee TONIGHT!!! EEEk!!! To get me through the rest of the busy day I chucked in the cart a box of pumpkin spice coffee. Oooh, I will tell you it is delightful and I'm on JOLT mode right now. LOL

I also found myself at Old Navy cause my studio (and hangin' out) duds have seen their last days. I believe Old Navy's clothes have shrunk! I am the same size I have been for about 4 years now and none of their jeans fit me and their sweats barely cover areas that should be covered on a 38 year old! I have come to detest the word "low rise". I quickly found my positive energy draining as I continued on in this store. There is nothing more damaging to my creative high like clothing shopping. I DETEST it, but some days you do need to buy new duds. My longing for those Catholic school days and a simple uniform were strong. That got me to thinking that doctor scrubs (they have some nifty styled one for the ladies) might be in order. I'm now looking into it.

Porcelain Artist Mag arrived today


Coming home to find mail waiting for me gave lots of blog fodder. I was giddy to find that my interview with the Porcelain Artists Magazine came out really lovely. It is a fully colored production that has weight that I could show off to the family and have them understand what I do when I'm in the studio. I hope you dont mind...I'm gonna take a spell to brag a bit. It really felt great to see these pieces in the mag along side other china painters from all over the world. Ok, I admit it.... I'm beaming this afternoon.

Interview with Porcelain Artists


They totally included the little mice!


Before my head gets way too big here I'll just end with a photo of the latest glazed candy dish. I LOVE how the glazes meet to form little circles in that one area on the inside. Now, if I can only remember WHAT glazes I used!

earthenware candy dish

No comments: