Friday, October 3, 2008

Game Over

"Game over man! Game over!"
I give.

So the teapot wasn't anywhere near being dry last night when I checked it, but everything looked great. I woke this morning to find a good portion of the upper part dry. The lower portion of the spout, to my dismay, was displaying a nice large crack. I was, and still am, speechless and disappointed beyond words.

The offending crack


I am besides myself and I know that some days you just have to give into projects cause no matter how hard you battle with them, you will always wind up the loser. I started this project for presentation two months in advance of the due date. The first teapot has earned an honored spot on the "learning shelf" in the studio. The second one came out even better than the first and I took my time adding the pieces, but I guess I didn't adhere them well enough? Something went wrong because I shouldn't be staring at a crack at the bottom of the spout.

There is no time to make another so I suppose I can try and put together an interesting raffle package with some of the fine English porcelain luminaries I have been creating. Pair one nice one up with a handful of Yankee candles and I might have something formidable for this event.

I'm disappointed to say the least cause the porcelain bowl, although pretty, doesn't have that WAM factor I was hoping for. I could also just not donate and sulk. I think for today I will allow myself to sulk just a bit. Perhaps spending some time working on a sm might make me feel better too.

Therapy for a bad day


I'll end on a positive note today. I am happy to tell you that the second (and last) batch of Halloween mice came out of the kiln looking really cute. The candy corn mouse is my favorite from this batch.

New Halloween mice fresh from the kiln
Please join my NEWS GROUP for sales info
Going on sale tonight


I'd also like to mention that I have placed one of the fully painted lidded boxes I finished this week up at auction. This piece can be personalized to suit the buyer's needs. Full photos are also being shown on the auction site and I like the way they came out. Very feminine and pretty.

Currently at auction

No comments: