Sunday, October 19, 2008

Quiet Studio Time

Building dapples on a Smittyn


Yesterday was a fairly stressful day. My husband and son are sick and on edge. There is only so much chicken soup and rest a soul can take before they get antsy laying on the couch all day. Well, that is what I am chockin' yesterday's not so stellar day up to. At the very end of the day I sat in my studio chair and enjoyed the alone time, the quiet and the soothing feelings that come along with painting.

I painted everything that was lingering and that included the very last of the Sleepy Little Mice ceramic run. I was slowly trying to come up with some names for them as each one in this run gets a name. Unfortunately, I was drawing a blank. I think my mind just wanted to tune out. When it tunes out, there is no fighting it. I let it tune out and ultimately get the best results in my work.

Mice getting finishing touches


So, with this in mind I dove right into three stablemates and made lovely progress on the Vixen, Taboo and a Smittyn resin. The Smittyn is for me. I love the black and tan color and am very pleased with this piece and am excited for her big "ta-da" in my china cabinet later this week. I'll need a name for her too. Again, I'm just going blank.

I'll end today with a photo from my garden. Nope, it's not a cherry tomato. Tis' a beef stake! Anyone have the number for Guinness? I think I broke a record here.

Feast for a fairy!


Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: