Saturday, January 21, 2012

All Bets Are Off

The mountain against the color
of the sky is enticing me.


All bets are off for serious office/studio work once it snows! I love the snow. I love to watch it snow, I love to paint the snow and I love to watch the colors of a snowy day change from hour to hour. I have literally been sitting at my office window today doing just that...watching the colors change from hour to hour.

One of my favorite colors in the whole world is blue/grey. There is something so enticing to me about that color. On a snowy day this color makes it's appearance all over the place. It appears on the trees, the ground, the sky, the snow and just about everywhere there is surface.

There are only a few more hours left of daylight. I have decided to just enjoy the changing colors as it has been a lovely treat and feast for my eyes today. Work will always be there and I can work once it gets dark.

My hens popping out
into the snow for treats.


A week's worth. There's no stopping.
I'm on a major creative roll and greatly inspired.


"Snow Day"
Graphite and watercolor on archival bristol


"Nature chose for a tool, not the earthquake or lightening to rend and split asunder, not the stormy torrent or eroding rain, but the tender snow flowers noiselessly falling through unnumbered centuries." ~John Muir

No comments: