Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day After

Steaks, ground and back straps, oh my!
Fueling creativity


Yesterday's painting session knocked me out. I have not been able to do much of anything artistic today. The little that I did try was scrapped. I almost forgot how intense canvas painting is for me. It's a very different experience personally than sculpting or illustrating. I've never been able to figure out why it's so different.

I do have to watch on days like today though for on such days I will get fickle and go through all my art with an extraordinarily critical eye and trash pieces. I've been known to literally put them through the paper shredder if I find I dislike them. Once you shred, there's no going back. I've hidden all the plates from the Four Seasons illustrations I've never finished. I dislike them all GREATLY and dislike the fact that it has taken this long to come to some form of completion with them. Once the "post-canvas-painting storm" passes I'll pull them out from the attic.

Of course, on days like this some little thing always happens to boost my spirits. Today my father brought a bag full of venison for me. Im thrilled I can finally try some recipes in my venison cook book which was acquired many, many years ago. I've been waiting that long to try them out. Sometimes you have to be patient. All things come in good time.

And well, the day like today wouldn't be complete without seeing a major heart somewhere. Turned the venison packs over and the one had...yep, a heart. It's a frozen heart but none the less....a heart.

Ooh, a frozen heart.
Hmmpf....lol


"In The Field"
Graphite and watercolor on archival bristol


"In The Field II"
Graphite and watercolor on archival bristol


"Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in."

No comments: